Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hall's-oween 2014

This Halloween was lots of fun. We did all sorts of things that we have never done before. To kick off the halloween festivities we decided to paint pumpkins. This isn't unusual for us, we usually prefer to paint them instead of carve them so that Landon can participate. This year he has really taken up an interest in the ninja turtles. Ninja turtles were a hot commodity this year due to the movie being released this past summer. We took Landon to the theaters to see it and I must say it was a GREAT movie, I may or may not have enjoyed it more than he did. Any who. Landon decided he wanted to paint his pumpkins like ninja turtles but he decided "They won't be as good if I do it, so I want daddy to paint them." So daddy did just that.

I must say, they turned out pretty amazing.


For Larson's pumpkin I decided to do an image of her footprints. Sounds easy, right? Nope. Who knew a 2 month old could wiggle her feet so much.
Naturally, Landon wanted to be a ninja turtle for halloween and it had to be Leonardo because his favorite color is blue.
 
Our little Larson was a pumpkin princess for her first halloween.
 
We
took
lots
of
pictures.
Thursday night we took Landon to the spirit of Ripley festival to trick or treat while Larson stayed home with YaYa. It was our first time and we had a great time!
We ran into some oompa loompa's while we trick or treated...
and we met up with some cool friends.
After the festival we went to Nana and Pappy's to trick or treat.

Trick or treating at Nana and Pappy's is more similar to Christmas...Landon told Nana he needed an alarm clock to wake him up in the mornings. I wasn't aware that me waking him wasn't sufficient.


On Friday, Jason and I took Landon trick or treating in New Albany. This was Landon's first time to really trick or treat. In previous years we always went to Tennessee and trick or treated at my families houses. This year we decided to stick around home since Larson isn't much on riding in a carseat. Although we missed the family, we had a blast. Jason dropped Landon and I off in a well known subdivision and we went from door to door. Landon had a ball. He told me he wanted to do that every year! Im so glad he got to experience a little piece of some of the precious memories I had as a child. All in all it was a wonderful halloween. I look forward to next year, when we have 2 trick or treater's.



Just for fun...Here are a few throw back pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment